WOYWW – Some week inspiration hits with a punch…..

There is nothing so wonderful as just having the house free from kids, putting your feet up and  a nice cup of Earl Grey just within arms length… (School is back - YEAAAHHHH)

Nothing that is except when inspiration pinches and you just have to do a whole lot of crafty stuff all at once before you  forget then….

I broke into the cereal box stash again and just had some fun this week – these are really my prefer choice of material to use when testing products or just doing a fold or trying out something new.

Up to this morning this was the state of my desk – as I mentioned once before – I am the only crafty person in my family but my family seems to never leave my area…. on any given day I can find little bread crumbs of all my family members being at my desk at some point during the day.

I seem to have collected a vast amount of these over the summer – not sure if that is a good thing as looking at it from another angle – my kids seems to be eating ALOT of cereal..

These end results – not sure what I am going to with them yet… but the inspiration bug hit me and I just had to make something..

Front view of the box

I picked up a whole bunch of Match Attack card from one of the charity shops a while ago  - and this just seem like the perfect box to put them in.. I plan to alter each card..

Hopefully this will be a work in progress…

This is the other half of the cereal box and this project was one that just seem to start out as nothing and ended up with too much on it.. I have gessoed, paint, colour wash, embossed, punch and did ALOT of other things to this box and I just cant seem to finish…

Because it’s on my desk,  my kids have taken to putting all kinds of trinket into it… mostly stuff that belonged to me in the first place.

 

A junk book –I did this for a little girl that love every paint bottle in my craft room… too much..

A page I did in my art journal this week – I am not a fan of black and white background, so I really had to extend myself with this one… … It is simply but every time  I look at it – I am tempted to add a splash of colour to it…

My Mom loves it as it is though..

 

Hope you guys are having a great week and enjoying the last bit of relatively nice weather.

Wishing you a great WOYWW…..

WOYWW is hosted by Julia from the blog Stamping Ground

25 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Beautiful boxes I might start eating cereal now!! Thanks for sharing x

Sarah said...

what a great post...I grew up on cereal...they'll be fine if you limit the mega banana chocolate bomb sort! Loving your book - bursting with colour and the B&W is very elegant...
Thanks for sharing today! Sarah (at 2)

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

ooh love your cereal boxes..yummy! lol
Great journal page.. don't touch it! lol
Happy Woywwing
Jennie#11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's amazing what you can achieve when the kids are at school!! A very creative desk this week. I should have taken out shares in Kelloggs, the amount of cereal my boys have put away over the years..LOL!! x

Sandy said...

Wow what an amazing work on your desk. Love all the boxes.
Happy WOYWW. Sandy #1

Angie said...

I never thought to save cereal boxes ...doh ...great idea ...love what you are creating ...enjoy the quiet times while they are at school ...dont worry about housework ...it will be still there tomorow. xx

CLaire said...

Them boxes look amazing.... brilliant idea

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Boxes are gorgeous and they make a great storing space for tidbits. :) Love the junk book as well.

jude said...

Recycle oh dont you just love what you can create.The red box is beautiful,and your other is gorgeous would make lovely reciepe holder.Have fun!happy woyww
judex 22

Susanne said...

Fun projects - that red box especially caught my eye - not too much at all. Nice!

Anonymous said...

Amazing transformation of the cereal boxes! Almost enough to make me start eating the stuff! Particularly love the red one.

Hugs
Brenda 88

Anonymous said...

I love that box, could be used to store tags/ATCs/postcards? Have a happy Wednesday! Mel #51

Joni Nickrent said...

WOW! Cool and creative...I have a cereal box waiting for a reincarnation! LOL Thanks for the inspiration! PopArtMinis

Sunshine Girl said...

Wow inspiration really struck didnt it - the cereal box is lovely. I too have a pile of match attacks but knowing me it will take me years to get around to doing something with them!

Twiglet said...

I love to see a clever bit of upcycling!!

nerllybird said...

That's so creative! We could build a house every month from the cereal boxes my kids empty! The cards are a good idea, I have some football cards too, which I bought from a charity shop all stored in a binder with pockets which are ATC shaped. Bargain! :D
Helen S

Tertia said...

You have been really busy. Tour boxes are great, I should start looking at cereal boxes differently.
Happy WOYWW

Anonymous said...

Looking lovely and I am with you on the quiet house (finally) and loving the upcycling. I have a stash of card from the back of tablets, which DD goes thru like you cannot believe :)

Mary anne

JoZart Designs said...

I too save cereal boxes and stash them in my giant soap powder boxes. I use them for allsorts but especially for die cutting projects that I'm going to paint. There are some lovely results from your recycled boxes.
Love joZarty x

Elizabeth said...

Just a quick visit this week due to illness but hope to do better next week ... thanks for sharing your desk and I hope you have a great week. Elizabeth x #121

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I commented on your desk and blogger showed my comment had been saved, then claimed it was a double entry. I've never seen that in a blogger comment before. Of course, then I couldn't find the comment I left, so you will have to accept the fact I tried. Happy belated WOYWW.

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Must start keeping more of my hubby's cereal boxes. I eat porridge myself and it comes in plastic bags. I really love the music with the red colour wash. Must try some of that!!

Angela said...

Happy belated WOYWW!

I laughed when I read "...belonged to me in the first place..." I have a lot of that going on, too. My studio is open and seems to be on everyone's way...

Love the arted up cereal boxes! Need to make some play time now...

Angi
#104

okienurse said...

Just wanted to pop by to visit your blog this week and say hello and see what you are up to! Didn't have the time to post(except about newest Doswell addition) or craft the past two weeks due to being in Virginia visiting with the son's family to see the newest granddaughter born. Definitely a fun time none the less. Hope you have a great week. Vickie aka okienurse

Angela Toucan said...

great boxes and spiral note book.

WOYWW blessings from Angela