The weeks are going by in a flash - I thought with the kids back at school I would have at least two or three lazy days – I would have even settled for one – but no such luck…
The days are flying by like the wind…
Quite a few things pass by my desk this week – but sometimes I don't remember to capture everything… However some of the more memorable events I definately captured…
I recently got this desktop dress form (I absolutely adore these things) I have always wanted a vintage looking one and finally found one…
Before I had a chance to sit and enjoy my treat – My niece was dressing the thing up in crochet skirts and jewellery…
It’s a virtual fashion show going on on my craft desk this week…. I dread the day she gets into my bag of lace.
Before After
My nephew goes off to Uni this week and my little crafty gift to him going off is this recycled binder… He’s one of those kids who is super organised and likes his stuff stored – so here is my crafty contribution.
I enjoyed making this – It’s made from old book pages and glazed with Pritts Kids Glaze…
He loves it… I am hoping this will be one of those treasured pieces that takes him through university…
Here’s a picture of the inside INSIDE

The youngest member of the family came to stay with me yesterday and I have all my nieces and nephews so well trained that they know when crafty hour is on on the telly they must let aunty watch in peace..
As for the ironing, I don’t even know why I pretend that I do any on a Tuesday’s – I put it up, and sit with a cup of tea and watch craft for a couple of hours…
Hope you had a great few days.
Wishing you loads of laughter for the upcoming few days.
WOYWW is hosted by Julia from the blog Stamping Ground
Edit after post..
Just to reassure commenter's and other visitor to this blog… the ironing board is only up and the iron is not plugged in… so no fear of hot iron and baby…
Baby is headless because I didn’t ask my sister if I could post his picture on the blog – so a matter of principle going on here…
I had a bit of chuckle from some of the comments though… A scary movie might be in my future if the crafty thing don’t work out…(LOL)
Thank you for all your concerns…. baby and aunty are good – Ironing has not been done in about three week – due to Create and Craft and QVC….



28 comments:
Great recycled folder and I love that little mannequin.
Happy WOYWW
Cathy xx
What a cutie your niece is to see a great opportunity to do some dressing up!
Your nephew isn't the only one who loves your binder. It is AWESOME. I don't even own an ironing board, so you are so far ahead of me, it isn't funny.
Love the dress form, have a bit of a thing for those too! Your recycled binder is lovely, I am sure your nephew will love it because it is different from everyone else's!
Crushing on your vintage dress form. My daughter #2 used to do the same thing with a statue we had and she ended up going to fashion school! Warning!!!!
I love the idea your body form got dressed up, thats so very sweet and the folder is fabulous, I especially like the inside.
Helen x
A great find there and fab upcycled folder. Thanks for sharing your desk today...
Sarah ( at 1)
ohoooo,agh! very scarrrry bottom picture...iron, headless baby, you'll give me nightmares!! ...don't think I can see all your pictures.love your lady body thing! have a good week...now..please go turn off that iron! I do a lot of crafting on my ironing board
((Lyn))
arrgghhh trailing iron cord, a baby nearby, nightmare!!!
but do love the desk; the dress form looks very good in her little skirt and I'm sure your the upcycled folder will be most useful and well loved.
dx
Watch out Stella McCartney - there's a new kid in town! Your niece did a great job there, love the crochet skirt. She'll be famous one day :D x
Great dress forms - and love the binder.
Funny enough that was the first thing i notice baby on sofa hanging iron wire ...omg safety first...lol
Have enjoyable wednesday hope you get time to catch up on some crafting
hugs judex 10
Happy WOYWW, ditto headless baby..iron?...lol
xoxo Marjo #36
Hi ladies...
Thank you for all your comments..
I have jumped on here to post my amendment that I have updated the blog with..
Just to reassure commenter's and other visitors to this blog… the ironing board is only up and the iron is not plugged in… so no fear for hot iron and baby…
Baby is headless because I didn’t ask my sister if I could post his picture on the blog – so a matter of principle going on here…
I had a bit of chuckle from some of the comments though… A scary movie might be in my future if the crafty thing don’t work out…(LOL)
Thank you for all your concerns…. baby and aunty are good – Ironing has not been done in about three week – due to Create and Craft and QVC….
Have a great WOYWW - off to make a mess of an art box - a birthday is coming up.. I am thinking a great birthday present..
Jhay..
Thanks for sharing your space this week, I hope you have a fabulous rest of the week. Never seen and ironing board before, so that's what it looks like.
You have made me laugh today with your amendments. I never even saw a the headless baby till you mentioned it! I love the binder, your nephew is very lucky to have such a thoughtful Aunty.
Love the binder ...hope he treasures it.
Ironing is the biggest waste of time ...there are ways of making most things look passable so that they look as though they were ironed origially and a few hours wear has resulted in their present appearance. lol and as for those who iron sheets ....why???? ... the worst are those who iron socks and underwear (my mum did)no wait ... the very worst are those who iron towels ... they actually shouldn't be ironed.
Now that I have managed to reduce your pile to half a dozen items you must feel better about sitting watching your crafting lol xx
Really love the binder fab idea !
What a great post. Thanks for the update cause with this bunch you would hear about it! Poor baby! It doesn't seem right not to have his sweet face in the picture. Ironing boards are a rarity around here. Usually use it to give me extra work space. Great recyle with the notebook and your niece looks like she is on her way to a fashion job. Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie
Cool desk! Thanks for sharing
Clare H
Fun Stuff...love the projects you have going on...including the scary moving in progress! LOL Pop Art Minis
Love the dress form, have a happy Wednesday! Mel (43)
Oh I feel clever - I guessed why the baby's head wasn't in the shot..and I guessed that the iron was under employed!! I haven't managed to remember to watch Craft tv for, well, ever! Love the binder for your nephew - good luck to him.
Lol, obviously health and safety rules on woyww!! Love the binder and the little crocheted skirts!
Hugs
Brenda 88
Lovely dress form. Nothing quite as good as children joining you crafting.
Happy WOYWW
Ooooo love the mannaquin, and love how they have dressed them up, the folder looks amazing. Kezzy x
i really enjoyed your post, the comments and your amendment. so amusing! love your binder project and the dress form is great (you have a creative niece!)
Had a chuckle at your edited note - and really enjoyed reading your post. I'm not that keen on ironing either.The binder project is fab.
I’ve a giveaway over on my blog, you might like to take a look at:- http://silverscrappers.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-memories-suite-digital-software.html
Elizabeth x #125
Post a Comment