April Mini a month - Album Challenge

I finally got around to finishing the squash book which was the April design in the Mini Book a month – hosted by Karen from the blog What's This Then.

Once again I used up a set of those free paper that comes with the Craft magazine (I have so many of these – nice way to use them up)

Karen’s direction is very easy to follow  if you want to have a goo – HERE

I only deviated on two things from Karen's guidelines – for my pattern paper  I cut them an 1/8 of an inch lower than the amount required as I like that plain border edging to my project.

A view of the book all opened up.

This is where my second deviation takes place - after putting the ribbon through the back page of the book, I didn’t 'like it coming over the side and tie at the top of the book.. – so I got a little creative and did something different.

Using two shorter pieces of ribbon  – I placed those between the front covers and the pattern paper – so I have two independent ties at the sides – rather than how it was before with long loop of ribbon that tied across the front.

Finished product – note the ribbon is tied really close to the body of the book..

I haven’t decided what I am going to do with it yet – so nothing is written on the front but I imagine I will add a few more embellishment and such to it, but in the mean time here is a close up of the decoration – I am using the Martha Stewart  butterfly lace punch and the prima flowers.

 

 

1 comment:

Rosiemac said...

Beautiful book. Good idea to use the free papers - I keep forgetting about them.
Rosie