WOYWW – Background, Background, Aplenty

Do you have a game plan for when your creative juices dries up or if you are just in a funk that makes you jut cant get anything right?

No colours match,

No two pieces of paper fits.

All the angles you cut just always seems to be that few cm’s off…

Well I drag out the messy stuff when I need to kick start my mojo and do backgrounds, yes backgrounds – you never know when you will need that bit of paper to add that ummph to your latest project..

I had fun making a mess..

I love all things script and whether it’s embossed or stamped – these are such a pleasure to make..

Breaking out the acetate and adding little designs here and there – love this ..

Since I was getting all messy – I just did  a few journal pages as well… I love the colours of those chalklets

My latest page – I did try for messy, but even after mucking up the pages with pastels and just made squiggles – I still ended up loving the final product.

 

WOYWW is hosted by Julia from the blog Stamping Ground

 

17 comments:

Marjo said...

Thanks for the peek and sharing,

Hugs, Marjo #18 Have a great WOYWW

Andria said...

lovely work going on there.
Andria #29

Helen said...

Fabulous backgrounds in the making. Love that flower stamp.

okienurse said...

lots of fun things on your desk to snoop through. Have fun with the journal pages. Thanks for sharing. Vickie aka okienurse #37

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh lovely, never quite get round to making a collection of backgrounds; I share your passion for allthings scripty. Liking the coloured squiggles in your journal too.

Sarah said...

Great that you just play and discover!!!
Thanks for the peek - enjoy your week!

Sarah at 8.

Glenda said...

If you don't play you don't discover the endless possibilities!

Kathleen said...

Some nice backgrounds going on here, thank you for sharing.
Kathleen x

shazsilverwolf said...

Love the journal, and I also like to make up sheets of backgrounds. Sometimes it will be because I want 1, and I end up doing a dozen or so- 'just in case', lol. Other times its when the mojo isn't working, as you say. Shaz #76

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

I adore those sentimemnt stamps and aso love doing background pages too.
Rebecca (38)

Angie said...

I'm a script fan too ...not very good with acetate myself but love the effect. Great journal pages but I dont believe you were very messy lol

Chrissy said...

Fab space. Love the journal!
Chrissy #106

voodoo vixen said...

I'm with you on the script thing, love backgrounds with handwriting or typewritten and yours look lovely!! Annette #5

Kezzy said...

Gorgeous backgrounds and what a fantastic idea, i might have a go next time my mojo goes awol lol. Love the journal pages i would love to start but just don't know how to. Kezzy x

Hettie said...

Oooo! Lots going on there! Love a good play like you have been having!! I can feel one coming on now I have seen what you have been doing!! LOL!! Thanks!!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Lovely backgrounds coming on there. I cannot work that way, otherwise the backgrounds just get filed in a box for ever. I start with the topper or main design and then work down from that, usually ending up with at least 6 boxes propped up around me while I find the right pieces of card to match or tone. A good play is always a great thing to do though.

Elizabeth said...

Great backgrounds and what a good way to get your creative juices flowing again - it's good to get messy :) Love your journal pages too. I'm late, as usual, but I hope your week has been a good one. elizabeth x #108