WOYWW – When just any old regular card won’t do !!!!!!!!

The times goes so fast – it’s another Wednesday again and my desk for the past two days has been the dinning table. I actually forgot what a production it was to move craft stuff over the house.

It feels like going out with a baby and packing up all the bits and pieces and even when you are done it still seems as if you have forgotten something.

I was on a quest to make a card for my Mom.. In my family we have reach the point where we have no idea what to get her. There is always something to get someone, but my Mom uses up stuff and really there is only so much bric –a –brac to fill those shelves she has and Linen and so forth is also only so much as well.

So the plan was to make a card, packed with as much love as we could put into it and a sit down affair for later on in the evening.….

When I started crafting I used to use the dinner table for all my creations – but once I sorted out my own little area and was able to spread out and have all that nice lovely space – it was a stretch to pack all the bits and pieces around me to get the card done…

But

What fun….

This young lady is why I am crafting downstairs -  I was overseeing homework… and my main craft area is too much of a distraction for her.. She is a mini crafter in the making, she love her scissor and glue a little too much for my liking…

She cuts everything…

So far homework moved along nicely and we spend some quality time together….

After much punching, folding and pasting… a few wonky peel off’s -  I was done.. 

As I said a card pack with all kind of love… So a few nooks and pockets here and there..

Sorry for the photo quality -  These are the tags that are meant to go inside those pockets. I made enough tags for every member of the family to write a personalized message..  (these are quite long tags – the card itself is  4 x 8 when it closes up)

Card presentation view..

Front view

I rarely if ever make cards and I was quite pleased with how this turned out – as I am more a scrap booker kind of crafter..  but the main thing was that I had fun doing this and my Mom loved it..

 

WOYWW is hosted by Julia – Check out the other blogs HERE and see what a bunch of crafters got up to this week..

13 comments:

Fiona said...

Wonderful idea for a card - no wonder your mum loved it

Karen said...

What a beautiful card and a lovely idea ) You can clearly see it is so full of love, no wonder your Mum loved it as its really gorgeous.

Lily said...

Beautiful! :)

Glenda said...

Oh so pretty, pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, really pretty and special. Love that your daughter likes to craft too, I have a friend with a 13 yr old daughter who loves my craft room and always wants to make something when she comes over!

Hugs
Brenda 114

DottyA Cards & Things said...

VERy nice indeed! love that card!

KanataNewf said...

oh this is lovely!

Happy WOYWW!
Sheena #89

okienurse said...

Very beautiful card! You should be pleased with it cause it is nice! Thanks for sharing! Vickie #52

Julia Dunnit said...

Perfect gift!" How lovely. I know what you mean about moving craft stuff around - as soon as you sit down, you need to get up and fetch something else!!

Vicki B in OP NY said...

What a great idea - to include tags for personal messages and then slip into the card. It is beautiful. Glad your mom liked it.
Vicki 171

The Crafty Elf said...

Wow! It's all lovely. Absolutely my fav colours and pattern - LOVE IT!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

What a very special card/pressie.

Helen Pigott said...

I love this idea x