I decided to go with a single tone tag this month… For one I forgot about it and the 28th was upon me before I knew it and secondly I am still in “using up my stash” mode – so I am using up some of the ivory card stock that I have…
I will admit I did two other tags before I settled on this one – I am really liking the simplicity of it…
My mom is not the “store stuff” sort of mother – she uses everything as often as she can and I am sure this is going to be used as a bookmark as she is a big reader – so lots of glossy accent is on this baby to ensure those embellishment don’t fall off…
The embossing will take on a very weathered look after being used a few times – so that should look nice, as I use embossed bookmark myself and I really like the look of the bookmark after it has been in and out of a few pages..
I had fun making thing –even if it was in a rush – and one major thing I learned was that Ivory is difficult to photo – the pictures do not do justice to this project…
I may have to take this again in some natural light – hopefully this can be seen from this angle.
These are a few close up – to show the different embossing used on the various dies cuts as well as the little bit of distress ink that I used to add a bit of colour to the project..
I am using one of the Sizzix True Love set of three dies – which I think are so cute, as the are small enough to fit the tag perfectly but just large enough to use one of the finer detailed embossing folder on it.

This tag is for the 2011 Tag Challenge hosted by A Crafty kind of Truffle…

2 comments:
Lovely tag and a really unusual shape too, thank you for joining in the fun x
Thanks my dear..
I am using up those corner punches that have been in the bottom of boxes..
I know it's not the traditional tag shape - but it's a fun shape to end up as a bookmark..
:)
Post a Comment