True Stories – Prompt Three :: Rinse & Repeat

From my school days to my work day one constant remains, repeat to remember, and today’s prompt asks us to delve into the finer details of all the things we repeat during the days.

It could be to the kids ( This I am sure most parents knows the joys of), it could be something we do in the community or it could be on the job. Wherever we rinse and repeat a phrase we are asked to make it our own today…  

A quick summary of the ideas:
1. Choose a photo and draft several sentences all starting with the same phrase to describe the picture, the person or the activity.
2. Make a list of all the things or people you love and write down the reasons you love them. Make this into a minibook perhaps.
3. Instead of just using words or phrases that repeat, write about an activity you have repeated many times, like a routine.

 

Some of the phrases my family and I use daily

Breakfast is on the table

Have you clean your shoes

Is your bed made

Please put away all these books on the floor

Whose rag is over the rail

Why is the towel on the floor

A cup of tea please

There’s a toy in my handbag

I went with papered paper tags for this one and basic cord instead of the traditional ribbons – this page I definately need to add something more to it…  I need to think on what more I want to add to give it that humphf effect..

Page with the tags out

 

No comments: