True Stories – Prompt Four :: Writing Letters

I love letter writing,  I still write as much as I can whenever I get the chance. It is sad though that alot of my friends prefer the electronic version..

But I still do love getting a handwritten letter through the mail…  so today’s prompt was just the ticket for me…

A summary of the project ideas:
*Start with an old photo and write a letter to your younger self
*Write a semi-public note to a loved one about a special memory
*Write a letter in your journal and hide it somewhere on a scrapbook page (also, consider a title that seems like a short letter)

A letter to me

It was hard trying to find the words to say what I want to say to my younger self twenty years ago-.. I went with advise, the need to take a chance, the joys of friends and asking her not lose contact with them.

I told her to enjoy life as it comes and not be overly concern about propriety – be happy as we only truly get one shot at..

This was a emotional letter for me to write…

This is another page that either needs some ribbon or some sort of embellishment… I was drained from this letter and to be honest this fits the mood I am in..

I will revisit it in a week and touch it up…

There are two rather large tags in here – One is a letter to a younger me and one is a short letter to my son – to be read in about 10 years time..

 

2 comments:

Mysti Holiday said...

That's a really great idea. I actually keep a diary for my daughter to read when she's grown. I started it when I found out I was pregnant! I hope your son appreciates it ten years from now.

Kratik said...

Hey
Absolutely brilliant.
Well written :)
please also read my blog:

http://kratik1987.blogspot.com/

Cheers :)
Kratik