Every now and then I drag out my clunky box of stencils and embossing folders and have a play around. Why, because I get caught up in learning the newest techniques and designs and forgets for months on end the simply things that I enjoy in crafting – Stencil and embossing falls into that category..
They are easy to use
There is no magic to creating something – almost every piece of paper can be used.
and they add just that extra touch to any project – which is exactly what I was looking for this week.
Some of the things in my stencil box are masks, Fiskars and Sizzix template ( I love those) I have some of those x-cut shapes as well and my favourite are my Imagination Crafts stencils – just fun fun to use..
I also have loads of wire, hand cut templates, those large alphabet shapes – LOVE LOVE those.. I mustn’t forget my glimmer mist template – those are just fun to use.
I do alot of mini books and adding Journaling Spots(JS) are a fun way to encourage personal thoughts as well as add dimension to the finish project. I broke into my scrap box and made a few JS this week – really fun to do – see my detail the post HERE
I collect all kind of packaging to use as template – I used a mess wire alone with my Imagination Craft harlequin stencil to make this cover… All done with acrylic paints.
I went to Alexander Palace craft fair earlier this year and there was a guy who had all kinda project using beer cans (I can’t remember his name – he was at the back, I think he was with Creative Expressions – he was so good) – thought I would give it a go – Here is one of the pieces I did.
I also have a mini album on the go as well for my niece – Her birthday is in August so I am taking my time getting this together for her…
She is at that age where she writes alot of little notes and such and still love to go down to the chemist and get her pictures cleaned, so I am expecting this little mini to be full of photos in no time.
Hope you guys are having a fab week and your desk in full of creative possibilities..
WOYWW is hosted by Julia from the blog Stamping Ground
14 comments:
Looks like you had fun embossing and stenciling. :) I'm sure your niece is going to love your mini album.
aw fabulous desk, and sooo much better that mine,swap??, no, I didn't think so! I seem to always take photo's of mess rather than crafty stuff, will try harder!! Thanks for my snoop! Have a great crafty week! HaPpY wOyWW!?!
((Lyn))
Love all your work! What a cool idea to make a cover from a beer can! I wonder is it works for soda cans too...hmmm... time to get out those tin snips! Thanks for the inspiration and the space!!! -Amanda #33
Some interesting ideas there beer cans .?never tried i have used mesh ,bubble wrap not tried beer cans thats a new one.Hoping to go to ally pally ion september fingers crossed .Looking at advert in mag as tickets now onsale.
Have fab week
hugs judex11
I'm glad it's not just me that does that then, it's refreshing to re-visit the basics sometimes :D
Happy wednesday
hugs Minxy x
Thanks for sharing your space, have a good week! I too like going back to old techniques.
Lovely array of goodies and textures on your desk today - love how you take time to play...!
Gorgeous craftiness! Love all those textures and colours.
Oooh, I really love that bronzed, paisley pattern, that's yummy. I so glad paisley is back in, I think it can be satisfying to work with. x
Love all those embossing techniques and you're 100% correct, we really do forget the stuff we love to do in the hurry to get to the next new thing all the time. Bet your niece will love that mini album.
Hugs
Brenda
There is a JOY in doing the craft stuff just for the sake of being able to, no doubt. I love the cover you made with the harlequin stencil. That gives me joy!
IT can be a lot of fun just getting in the room and playing with all the awesome things you find without a end in mind. I find when the Mojo has disappeared if I just go sit and play a while I usually end up doing something even I consider well done. Thanks for sharing. Vickie
Fab workspace lovely embossing !
Happy WOYWW
Great post - the embossed metal looks fabulous, as do the other samples you've been working on. I have a little, but still clunky, box of folders and stencils like yours. Hope you are having a good weekend where you are - the weather is miserable here today. Elizabeth x #99
Post a Comment