When I started scrapbooking seriously, a lady gave me two bits of advice that I have never forgotten and I try to keep up with as best as I can all these years later.
First one was “MAKE the time to tidy your craft area – even if it’s only once a years – but do a thorough spring clean and rotate what you have”
While I have only a small space to craft in – it is mine and it gets clutter in 5 minutes, so this week I spend the time weeding back the clutter and finding all kinda goodies that I haven’t seen in months…
Those dress on the wall – those were given to me as a gift almost a year ago – and I found them this week still in the package and all.. They are gorgeous – and makes the right statement on the wall above me.
The second bit of advice was “To have a GO KIT ready at all times” – when she told me this I was a little bit confused but as she explained it – it’s a portable storage container that can accommodate the essential and always ready to go at any time of the day or night.
I will admit I keep on top of the altered art box with militant precision – why?
Because I volunteer in a charity shop and as I am considered the baby in there the ladies support me hugely in my crafting venture – they collect all kinda scraps and bits and boobs to make my altered art love so much easier. and honestly I have to keep a tight reign on how much stuff I take home – they find the coolest stuff.
This is the box that I keep some essential in – I have a few boxes of these stuff – but this is sorta the one you can pick up and go with at anytime.
My spice rack in also got a spring clean yesterday as well – this is without a doubt one of the best piece of item I have on my craft table – I have absolutely everything in those bottle..
If you find a spice rack anywhere - grab it – it make a fab embellishment holder.

Lastly I took my organizer in hand as well – I needed to top up some of the pages and refill some of the inserts. I love the charm of handmade organizers and this one has all kinds bumps and little nooks and hidden slots to get all my projects list, shopping list, schedule in one place and of course a LITTLE space for the family to add their wishlist on.

I also had to make the time to do a gift for my niece and her friends teacher - they are a group of six girls who wanted to write a end of term note to their teacher or whatever girls of nine write to their teacher they wanted to do that..
This was what I came up with – a card with little pockets on the inside and the front left for them to personalize as they wish…
Ohhh the pain of being the only crafty person in my family… LOVE IT….
WOYWW is hosted by Julia from the blog Stamping Ground
19 comments:
I am so inspired by your desk this morning!! How cool to have people on the look out for bits to alter.
I love the spice rack and journal/organizer.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Laura 10 x
Loved looking around yor desk this morning.I love to see spice raks used in craftrooms such fab ideas for storage.I picked mine up at a carboot sale lady still had in box.Spicers wher no good so emptied cleaned and hey hoe storage space!Gosh i do love a good carbooty ,mind nice of the ladies to collect you bits!
Have fab wednesday and a creative week
hugs jude 8
Love the spice rack as storage, and you have a great space. Great essential to go box too.
Happy WOYWW
Cathy xx
Isn't it awesome whan you find thing long forgoten?! :) Your corner is pretty stacked up there. :))
Wow, you really DID do some cleaning. And those altered art boxes are to die for! I've been looking for a spice rack for two years and can't find one. So I keep hoping! Have a great WOYWW.
Hi ya
amazing what you find when you have a good clear out, luv the spice storage jars,lovely gift for the teacher, happy WOYWW, sue,x
Great advice from that lady and your craft space looks super organised, cute dresses too.
Your space looks very organised and I love your To Go box!
What a full post you have today. Lots of interesting things going on there and thanks for the tips. Love your box of goodies and the spice rack particularly. Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet x #3
Love it!! Great advice too...I give scrapbookers lots of my advice. They never take it. Nor do I. Ilove the handmade filofax - and here's the thing..you talk about making time...I reckon you must be able to - I wouldn't have time to achieve what you've done in a week. Not with all the talking about it and the procrastinating, anyway..!
So fabulously organised! hugs Rebekah #60 xx
Great advice you were given! thanks for sharing!
ONCE a YEAR? OMG! Do we really have to do it that often? :S
How fantastic that you have personal charity shoppers - I'd never thought of this as a perk of working in a charity shop! I'd love to see all the stuff they find for you, and now there is an idea forming in my head about paying a retainer to the lady in the hospice shop in the high street....;)
Helen S
A great post and your space is looking just great...nice funky card!
The spice wrap is a fabulous idea, love the tray with all the bits and bobs too.
thank you for sharing
Kathleen x
great idea using the spice rack for your embellishments. Love your journal! Vickie
Everytime I see that spice rack I cant believe I got rid of one. I love that 'Go Kit' idea.
Like the idea of using a spice rack as storage! Lovely project for the end of term notes. Thanks for sharing.
spice jar rack idea is brilliant! But tidying up!? Spring clean!?! agh!!I'm still in a mess...it just doesn't get tidy no matter what I do!! HaPpY vErY LatE LaSt WeEkS WoYwW!! ((Lyn))
Post a Comment