WOYWW – Sometimes the project and the paper just click

I am not very good with colour matching and as much as i adore paper craft I a the first to admit my biggest weakness is coordinating…

Most times I just toss papers together and hope for the best. Lets just say good Karma and a colour wheel from B&Q has saved my bacon on many a project…

Going through my scrap box I found some beautiful bronzy and green paper and immediately know I wanted to try out the tri-Fold card…

I went for a hybrid size – the card ended up being a a 8in x 7in card… I love bigger sized card, so this was a perfect size for me.

One thing I have found out about doing hybrid project is that it gives me a chance to drag out tools I had not used in ages. Punches, stamps and that Tim Holtz distress thingy (can’t ever remember the name)

image

I actually forgot I had these gold and silver card candy shapes and Velum was just the perfect thing to add a little bit of umph to my card.

I even had to break out the drippy glue gun. I remember when I bought the thing – I loved it, however it drips like crazy which in turn drives me crazy…

Sneak peek at the almost finished card – and it is shaping up pretty well if I do say so myself..

 

WOYWW is hosted by Julia from the blog Stamping Ground

19 comments:

RosA said...

That card is absolutely beautiful!!

Jhayboy said...

Thanks RosA...

Fun card to make

:)

Helen said...

your colours are great together and the card is amazing.

alexa said...

This looks lovely, and can we see the finished one next week? I've never made one of these.

voodoo vixen said...

Well, I have to agree, those colours are stunning and the card is going to be a beaut too! Have you tried different glue sticks? My glue gun is a real cheapy and it doesn't drip and I buy the cheapest and biggest bag of sticks I can find in the dollar store.

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I have the same trouble with color coordination but it somehow ends up just fine. :) Love your card!

Jhayboy said...

@Helen.

Thank you - glad i'm not the only one with colour issues..

:)

Jhayboy said...

@Alexa

I 'll be putting up a few pictures of the finish card in a few days...

Thanks for stopping by..

;0

Jhayboy said...

@ voodoo vixen

Thanks for stopping by - glad you like the card so far..

I saw Argos doing their sheap brand glue gun for about 3quid -I think I will get one - as I am going crazy with the dripping..

Sometimes cheaper is better.

:)

Jhayboy said...

@NatashaMay

I really love when the finished project comes together even when I start out with papers that I am sure will never work together.

Thanks for stopping by..

:)

Morti said...

Fab card!

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous card thank you for sharing
Kathleen x

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

BEAUTIFUL and the colours are stunning!
Happy WOYWW
Love
Rebecca X

jodpea said...

Thats turned out really nice hasnt it? I struggle with coordination too and I have a drippy glue gun, I always thought that was how u knew it was hot enuf, lol

MvM-design said...

Lovely desk, thanks for sharing :)
Happy woyww!!

Hugs Marleen ;-)

Spyder said...

wowow this is lovely, really love the colours you've chosen!
Happy WOYWW
((Lyn))

okienurse said...

beautiful card...love the green and bronze together! Thanks for sharing! Vickie #46

angelfish said...

That looks like a pretty good colour combination to me:)

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful colours together, hopefully you've cracked the colour problem now!

Hugs
Brenda 73