I have a busy desk this week – not only did I find some fantastic stuff over the weekend, but I am in the process of drawing up a craft plan for the summer holidays for the kids.
I find that over the years – If I am prepared with little project and such the days goes better and I end up with loads of pictures and I hope good memories for the kids to last a life time.

I found these little beauty in a charity shop being sold out – I make alot of mini album and these are going to come in handy. Love them.
![]()
I broke into the cereal box stash and one of the first thing I tried was the plait squares – I am thinking bookmarks or something simple for these. What ever we do with them this is easy and the kids can use all the mucky stuff and make a mess.
I saw this technique on YouTube – it’s freehand drawing or stamping – and using hot glue to tracing the image and then finish up with what ever medium at hand to finish off the project.
Fun fun fun to do –and all kinda mess is the end result…
I have a stack of old VHS cover and I tried masking and embossing on the cover… not sure if I will do this one with the kids – but it gave me some ideas for book cover in the future.
Toothpaste box to make flowers – also another simple to do project.. Demands a little attention and patience, hopefully I can get them to sit long enough to try..
Do you guys have any plans for the summer - or are you just winging it?
WOYWW is hosted by Julia from the blog Stamping Ground

I have a stack of old VHS cover and I tried masking and embossing on the cover… not sure if I will do this one with the kids – but it gave me some ideas for book cover in the future.
22 comments:
oooh now, those hot glue flowers look rather interestin... am off to YouTube for a nosey!! Have fun!!
What a great find on your desk this morning.
Love your projects, kinda like the toothpaste one the best.
Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet #4
Love your desk this morning soo many fab techniques and ideas .Me too love the idea of the flowers will have to track on you tube also.
Have fab weednesday hugs Judex 15
Hi ya
luv all your finds they are lovely, some great projects for the kids, luv the flowers,thanks for the mooch, happy WOYWW, sue,x
Great charity shop finds, and your flowers do look interesting. Just don't have a hot glue gun.
WOOT! Very nice desk with all that stuff you found at the charity store! My kids tell me that they remember all the crafts and fun things we did when they were little. Lots of fun and like you said lots of pics! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #43
So many projects and all so wonderful! Great ideas! :)
Great inspiring desk! Loads of interest, like the toothpaste flowers! Thanks for sharing
your children will indeed remember and benefit - my grown up ones still refer to summertime as the time to 'do messy art' we used to ( between other activities) get wallpaper lay it on the floor and do feet and hand prints using poster paint, cut them out and hang them from our tree in the garden - by return to school time the tree would be full of mushy messy hands and feet...
they never got bored either and by end of day the bath time was interesting too
Dx
Wow, lots of fab ideas and recycling going on.
Happy WOYWW,
Cathy xx
Keeping kids busy and creative can be quite a challenge...looks like you have it under control. Happy WOYWW!
Brilliant ideas here - now I need to find a bunch of kids who want to play at crafting! Happy WOYWW! Di #69 x
Great creative projects and ideas on show today!!! Plenty of VHS covers around here too!
Thanks for sharing, enjoy the desk-hop!
Sarah at 2
Basically winging it ...hoped to have picnics at the many local parks and at the beach but if today is anything to go by we could swim there. Love some of your ideas ...and kids do love paint.
Very CREATEtive desk.. I love the stamped clocks. Thanks for sharing..
Some great looking summer holiday projects there:)
Great post today, love all the interesting techniques and you are certainly going to be busy over the summer. I've seen that YouTube demo for the glue embossing - thought it looked a great technique to try too. Good luck with the planning and have a great week. Elizabeth x #72
Gosh you are well organised to keep the winkies busy... hope it all works out
Frankie
xx
that star flower looks interesting, like one I made using straws, it turned into a lamp shade.have a great crafty week. HaPpY WoYwW!
((Lyn)) #29
Looks like your kids are going to be kept busy this summer, but it's a great idea to have a plan.
Hugs
Brenda
Fab projects! Would love to see your creativity on the Fiskarettes blog, so come and say hello! Hope to see you soon, Caroline x
Oh how impressively organised for the summer! Would that mine wanted to spend one iota of time with me at a craft desk! Toothpaste box is such a good idea - no measuring, perfect tesselation..genius!
Post a Comment