An experiment with Colour Wash

I have been seeing a few tips here and there about colour wash and was really intrigued to see how I would get on with it myself…

After  rooting around in the back shed I found some – yup right next to the white emulsion paint, so just regular colour wash that you get from the DIY stores..

After painting the cardboard – as I wanted something thicker than cardstock as I was not sure how wet this thing got – but it’s not messy at all and gives the paper a varnished look without the sheen or like a surface that has been sandpapered – which I thought was was really pretty….

After that it was just trial and error really…. But this is the finished project – all set to mount on a canvas that I am doing up…

Finished Product..

Colour washed paper then a background stamp with embossed ink…  I used  Golden Fish Lustre (Cosmic Shimmer) Embossing powder, as I wanted a muted background to go with the rather darker butterflies that I was going to put on…

As I mentioned before – this was a trial and error process –the residue from the embossing powder will melt into the colour wash and give the surface a rain splattered look,which I thought gave the whole thing a rather unique dimension…

I am sure I am going to be using that technique in the future…

Paper punched butterflies from DCWV Le Creme paper pack and attached with glossy accent…

No comments: