Page for the 5th Of September
What I learned today
“Not everything has to be scheduled to death”
It’s the day before the first day of school for the boys and in my own structured way I have list on top of list and all manner of list going on.
There’s the dinner list, the shopping list, the list for stuff I need to get for topping up my craft box, there’s my to do list and a list I made for the kids for stuff they need to get done by Friday.
You heard me right – I actually have a list of stuff I want my kids to tell me by Friday – how manic is that. I love structure, I love symmetry and I love knowing what is going to happen tomorrow or even next week – I am a planner, a plotter but that list for the kids was I think the final straw too far…
I suddenly realize that I am allowed to go with the flow, I can get things mixed up sometimes, or I am entitled to not know every single thing that is happening. Winging it is a good thing.
In that light I grabbed one of the kids craft box and used just some crayon and foam, some scraps of paper that we scrapper tend to have lying around along with the edge scissors and did today's page.
There's no order to it, it just happened and I love it – but mostly I wasn’t going mental having everything in a set pattern.
I thought the Sponge Bob character certainly suited this lesson today… No one is as disorganised as Patrick, I don't think I will get that far, but I will try to remember the joy of going with the flow.
Happy Sunday - Hope you had fun.



2 comments:
Cute page, I hear you on the organised theme, I just gave my hubby a list of family cards & prezzies he has to get organised this month, even though he has it all in his organiser. Maybe a bit of overkill on my part, but I'm determined he will do his bit of the mountains of cards & prezzies we send to family members <3
@Pippa..
just gave my hubby a list of family cards & prezzies he has to get organised this month
Well you gave it to him early enough - so keep your fingers cross it will get done by the end of the month...
I am please I am not the only one list crazy...
Happy Sunday hon..
Jhsy
Post a Comment