September 4th - There’s no shame in accepting a helping hand

Page for the 4th Of September

What I learned today

“There’s no shame in accepting a helping hand”

 

With two kids filled with boundless energy on my arms today – it was trying at times to say the least. Don't get me wrong, we ended up having fun, really good fun – but parents or anyone who has been around kids will know that five minutes wont pass before they are in some sort of stir.

My day was not only filled with laughter, hugs and wet smooches – but torn leggings, messy hands on things that didn’t need to be sticky, tears and way too much teasing.

At the end of the day I realised that I would not change one thing about my day with the kids – why because they recognised when the other needed help and was quick to offer a hand.

I am so please I capture my niece helping her brother up on the sliding frame – it was a perfect moment.. and a quite one for all of 30 seconds..

Happy Saturday  - Hope you had fun.

6 comments:

Pippa (pjbear) said...

A good lesson - one more of us might heed, it could lighten the load in many instances. Why is it we seem to think we have failed if we ask for help and that it is a sign of weakness? One of life's inponderables LOL!

Carey said...

I agree! Very good lesson! I need to heed it more often. Great photo & page!

Lily said...

Definitely an important lesson to learn. The page looks wonderful and I loved the pictures in the previous posts. Looks like they had a wonderful time! :)

Jhayboy said...

@Pippa..

This was one of those days where I thought "out of the mouths of babes'...

Why is it we seem to think we have failed if we ask for help and that it is a sign of weakness?

Human nature is funny old thing my dear, very funny..

Jhay

Jhayboy said...

@Carey..

Thank you - This was certainly a cool lesson to learn.. and just the right time for me as well..

Jhay

Jhayboy said...

@Lily..

They had a blast - I didn't even have to battle with them about bed time - they were tuckered out...

That phone is really working magic - the quality is really superb...

Jhay